Our commitment to your privacy
The way we use your information
1. The identity of the controller
You are hereby informed that data that you provide is subject to an automated data processing and for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the ‘Data Controller’ is Stages and Phases whose which contact details are indicated at the bottom of each data collection form.
2. Collection of Data
We may collect Data about our customer, prospective customers and visitors to our exhibitions, events or premises. Your Data is collected when you install, access, or use the Services. For example, we collect Data when you create an account, participate in a competition or promotion, register for an event or request a brochure, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. Data we collect falls into the following categories: • identifying information and civil status • information about your company and current position • login information • location information This Data is gathered directly from you via our Data collection forms or indirectly through automated methods. We may combine Data you provide us with Data that is collected through automated methods.
2.1. Information you provide to us
We process Data you provide directly to us, in particular when you complete a data collection form. Our collection forms will indicate as to whether replies are mandatory or not and the consequences of a possible failure to reply. When you order or enquire about our products we need to know:
• your name
• event type
• company name and / or trading name
• email address
• invoice and delivery address
• telephone number
• Brief Message
In addition, upon acceptance of your order you will be directed to paypal secure website to make your payment. It is important to note ONLINE PAYMENT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND PROCESSED SOLELY ON PAYPAL’S SECURE SITE.
If you have ordered products for a third party we will need to know their delivery address. We gather this information to allow us to process your registration and process any orders you may make. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to organise delivery, provide you with statements of your account and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your account and the provision of our service. We also keep a record of any emails you send us so that we can provide you with an excellent standard of customer care should you need to contact us at any time. It is vital that the information you provide us when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. And that you agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use. If your details are incorrect or change please contact us immediately to notify us of the change. We may also need to ask for additional information from you, e.g. to prevent fraudulent transactions, to comply with anti-money laundering obligations for high value transactions.
2.2. Data we collect automatically when you use the Services When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect the following information about you:
• Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
• Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
• Location Information: We may with your consent collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you may be able to subsequently stop the collection of these Data through your device operating system settings. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile applications from your device.
Information we collect automatically through Cookies and other tracking technology
• A “cookie” is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site or the use of a device or a website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
• A “web beacon” is a small object or image that is embedded into a web page, application, or email and is used to track activity. They are also sometimes referred to as pixels and tags (also known as “tracking pixels”). It may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
We suggest having a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
2.3. We may also use these technologies for other purposes than the Services operation such as:
• To improve our Services;
• To remember you, for your convenience, when you visit our Services;
2.4. Data we collect from other Sources We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you connect a Culinary Concepts London ltd account with your social media account, we may have access to certain information from the company that owns or operates the social media account in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media company. Additionally, Culinary Concepts London ltd may receive information about you from other third parties whom you have authorized to share your information or who collect information in connection with co-branded offerings.
3. How we use the Data We may use information about you for the following purposes:
• Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
• Provide and deliver the Services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
• Personalise and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected, and which is necessarily contemplated by the collection of such information or is otherwise explicitly mentioned in the process of collection.
3.1. Complying with Data Protection Laws
At the heart of data protection laws are the “data protection principles” which say that the personal information we hold about you must be:
• used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
• collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
• relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
• accurate and kept up to date;
• kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
• kept securely
3.2. Lawful Basis for using the Data In accordance with the data protection laws, we need a “lawful basis” for collecting and using information about you. There are a variety of different legal bases for using personal data which are set out in the data protection laws. The lawful bases on which we rely in order to use the information which we collect about you for the purposes set out in this statement will be:
• Contract: Using your information will be necessary for us to either perform the contract between us or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into the contract;
• Legal compliance: Using your information will be necessary for us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation which is placed on Stages and Phases;
• Legitimate interest: Using your information will be necessary for our legitimate commercial interest and our interest is not outweighed by the potential impact on your privacy. For example, we rely on legitimate interest as our lawful basis to send you marketing information by email or by post if you have placed an order with us and you have not objected to receiving such marketing information. If you would prefer not to receive marketing information from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Consent: It is possible that you may give us your consent to use your information for a particular purpose.
• In response to a request for information if we are required by, or believe disclosure is required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including in connection with lawful requests by law enforcement, national security, or other public authorities; • In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
• To our nominated third party carriers to enable them to deliver your order and to contact you if there is a problem with delivery (i.e. telephone, name and address only);
• To our nominated marketing agencies who provide marketing services on our behalf; these service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business. • To registered credit reference or fraud prevention agencies who may retain and use your personal information; or
• To third party companies who are co-hosting a competition and you have consented to that transfer.
• We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
5. The period of Data retention
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online to help protect data from loss, theft, misuse and accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, use and destruction. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com. Our site uses server software to protect your information whenever you place an order or access your account information. This software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us to minimise the risk of this being intercepted before it is received us. We also follow a tight security procedure as required under UK Date Protection Legislation, (The Data Protection Act 1998) to protect the information that we store about you from unauthorised access. Customer account passwords are also encrypted on our website to ensure maximum protection.
7.1. How we protect
• Access to customer account information is limited to those who need access for the performance of their job.
• We use full login and password controls on our system.
• Limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there
• Implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information;
8. Your rights According to the Data Protection Act of January 6th, 1978, and the regulation 2016/679 of the European parliament and of the council of 27 April 2016 (the “Regulation”), you have – at any time – a right of access, rectification, opposition on legitimate grounds and limitation where appropriate, as well as the right to define guidelines related to the fate of your Data after your death. You also have the right to receive data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller under conditions and in accordance with the Regulation. You may exercise your rights by contacting us in writing, with a proof of your identity, at the address provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section below, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01375484139. We inform you that you also may update or correct yourself your account information by logging into your online account. Especially regarding promotional or sales communications, you may opt out of receiving promotional or sales communications from Stages and Phases by following the instructions provided in those communications or by sending an email to email@example.com. If you email us to unsubscribe from our commercial email messages, please include the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the email subject line. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations. You can also contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be removed from our sales call list or postal mailing list. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: • whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes • if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our ‘Contact Us’ information If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cookie Name and Description
PHPSESSID – This is a PHP session cookie, and is used by InterSell for the site to function correctly. It holds information such as the logged-in customer, the items in their basket, etc.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST FORM
If you would like us to supply you with a copy of any personal data we hold about you, please send an email to email@example.com or call us on 01375480514 and we will provide you with a Subject Access Request Form to complete. You are currently entitled to receive a copy of your personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and will continue to be under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into effect on 25 May 2018. We will also provide you with information about any processing of your personal data that is being carried out, the retention periods which apply to your personal data, and any rights to rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing that may exist. We will endeavour to respond promptly and in any event within one month of the latest of the following:
• Our receipt of your written request; or
• Our receipt of any further information we may ask you to provide to enable us to comply with your request.
The information you supply in the form we will ask you to complete will only be used for the purposes of identifying the personal data you are requesting and responding to your request. You are not obliged to complete the form to make a request but doing so will make it easier for us to process your request quickly. Please note that if the information you request reveals details directly or indirectly about another person we will have to seek the consent of that person before we can let you see that information. In certain circumstances, where disclosure would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, we may not be able to disclose the information to you, in which case you will be informed promptly and given full reasons for that decision. While in most cases we will be happy to provide you with copies of the information you request, we nevertheless reserve the right, in accordance with section 8(2) of the DPA, not to provide you with copies of information requested if to do so would take disproportionate effort”, or in accordance with Article 12 of the GDPR to charge a fee or refuse the request if it is considered to be “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. However, we will make every effort to provide you with a satisfactory form of access or summary of information if suitable.
At no time will we sell, trade, lease, or in any way distribute private information to a party that is not directly affiliated or contracted with our company. Your information is solely kept for;
- Registration purposes
- Providing you with product/service news such as new products, special offers, free delivery periods e.t.c. You will be able to unsubscribe from this if you do not wish to receive such information from us.
- Contacting you to enquire about your shopping experience with us.
- To improve our products and services.
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to other organizations or Internet sites maintained by others. We do not review other sites for privacy regulations and are not responsible for their content or procedures.
We do not warrant any services or products offered by third-party sites. We may provide third-party links solely as a convenience. We do not endorse or imply acceptance of any non-company sites. We encourage all our customers to review all privacy statements of any Internet site they visit.