TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Definitions and law
The contract is the document or documents that sets out these conditions and all other details about your agreement with us.
- “We” and “Us” “Owner” and “Our” mean the seller/supplier of the goods.
- “You” or “Your” or “Hirer” means the hirer/purchaser of the goods.
- The “Goods” mean all goods to be hired by us to you or to be bought from us by you..
- The “Recipient” means the person, firm, company, corporation or public authority to whom the goods are delivered, when it is not you. These conditions exclude any terms and conditions you may have put forward, except where we have agreed to any amendments or other conditions in writing..
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Stages and Phases, the terms and conditions set out below will prevail over any terms or conditions preferred by the customer.
Terms and Conditions for Purchase
- Your payment will be handled exclusively by PayPal.
We aim to deliver all orders in the quickest time possible as possible. We expect to dispatch all orders received within 3 to 5 working days. You will be provided ‘real-time’ information about the progress of your order including its dispatch. We will also notify you of the delivery details so that arrangements can be made to receive the order. A signature may be required on delivery. Please note that all free delivery offers apply only to UK mainland postcodes. Please see delivery information.
Your order will be dispatched to you on completion of a thorough in-house product quality check as far as the packaging permits. In the unlikely event that an item reaches you in an unsatisfactory condition, please inform us via email at email@example.com with some information on your reason for the intended return. It is of absolute importance that you notify us of your intention to return an item(s) within 7 days of receipt. We will provide you with a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorisation) number to quote in all correspondence including having it included in the parcel being returned. Returned goods must be unused and unopened in a saleable condition and in their original packaging. We also require that all returns are sent by second class recorded post and the proof of the cost paid by you is included in the parcel.
On receipt, we will process a refund for the item(s) as well as the postage cost to your payment card or send you a replacement if requested.
If an item is returned because of a change of mind neither the delivery charge you paid and/or the postage cost will be refunded.
Coupons will be applied in your shopping cart and are usually only applicable for certain periods of time, on certain product categories or as otherwise specified. In order to use a coupon, you may be required to be a registered customer.
Terms and Conditions for Hiring
- We shall make our best efforts to supply you with the goods requested, but we reserve the right to supply you with similar goods.
- All goods for hire remain our property. All goods for sale remain our property until full payment has been made. Deliveries to third parties or unoccupied premises are made entirely at your risk.
- Prices quoted are for one day’s hire only apart from day of delivery and collection. Subsequent days will be charged at a daily rate unless a special agreement has been arranged prior to the event between the Owner and the Hirer.
- A £100 or 10% security deposit (which ever one is greater) will be required to secure the order for the appropriate date. And will be refunded after the event has been carried out and all hired stock has been checked back at Stages and Phases . In the event of cancellation 4weeks or less prior to the event date the Security deposit will be withheld.
- Final payment is required in full, 4 weeks prior to the event. Late payment may mean alternative goods. If this occurs you will be contacted before the event. Please remember WE DO NOT ADD DATES INTO THE DIARY UNTIL A BOOKING DEPOSIT OR FULL AMOUNT IS PAID.
- On receipt of full payment, a confirmatory Email is sent detailing order details and dispatch date.
Last minute orders
- We can accept last minute orders depending on availability. Full payment is required at time of booking for orders required within 4 weeks.
- Prices & availability of products are subject to change without notice, however once a deposit is paid, the price quoted for the order placed at the time the deposit was paid will not change. A quote given over the phone or by Email may change up until a deposit is paid to secure the booking.
Owners Retention of property
- The risk of all goods shall be passing from the owner to the customer upon delivery/ set up of such goods until collection.
- Stages and Phases will not accept responsibility for any candle products in the event of a fire on location. The customer should be aware that children should be supervised at all times.
- Please be advise no responsibility will be taken for the misuse of helium i.e. inhalation, as it can cause severe damage to the lungs.
- Stages and Phases shall not be responsible for injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from any Hired Goods from us.
Damage or loss Replacement charges
- Shortages and damages to hired goods will be charged at their full replacement value plus VAT, and no substitute item will be accepted by Stages and Phases. If you require a price list of the replacement charges please let us know.
- The Owner reserves the right to also charge the Hirer loss of profit on the lost future hire of the said goods. The Hirer may request in writing the return (and bear the cost thereof) of any damaged goods within 14 days of the Hirer being informed by phone, or Email or writing of any such damage. Otherwise the said items will be disposed of.
- Linen may be returned soiled; however any permanent stains or damages to our linen such as mildew damage, food, ink, mud, crayon, pulls in the fabric and burns etc will attract a replacement charge for each damaged item.
- The refundable security deposit will be used against any damages or loss, if there is any additional costs above the security deposit amount this will be invoiced out separately.
- Deposits will be refunded within 4 weeks after event. As long as there are no damages.
- In the event of a cancellation the 4weeks or less to the date of the event the security deposit will not be refunded.
- Complaints should be logged the same day goods are received.
- Please inform us of an appropriate collection time at which the risk is then returned to owner.
- In the event of shortages or damage of delivered stock the Hirer shall notify Stages and Phases within 24 hours. If the Hirer fails to do this, The Goods will be deemed to be delivered in correct condition.
- Goods must be ready for collection at the agreed location at the correct date and time. A charge is madefor an aborted delivery/collection by the courier and Stages and Phases where the venue/hirer/customer is at fault.
- Goods must be packed in the boxes/containers they were delivered in. If there is more than one box/container, the items should be divided equally between the boxes/containers to stay within specific Courier weight limits. Charges made by Courier for incorrect weights will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
- All hired items including chair covers and table linen must be removed by the hirer prior to collection. An additional fee will be charged if Stages and Phases are required to remove covers and linen from tables and chairs.
- Tables and chairs must be laid out in place prior to set up. Stages and Phases will not be able to lay out chairs and tables unless previously arranged between the hirer and Stages and Phases with confirmation in writing on your final balance invoice.
- If Stages and Phases arrives at venue and tables and chairs are not laid our ready, they have the right to leave items at venue for the hirer to set up.
- These terms and conditions are covered by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- All Rights Reserved
- Any failure by us to enforce any or all of these conditions shall not amount to or be interpreted as a waiver of any of our rights
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER WITH US.
General Terms and Conditions
The content of the Website is protected by copyright (including design copyrights), trade marks, patent, database and other intellectual property rights and similar proprietary rights which include, (without limitation), all rights in materials, works, techniques, computer programs, source codes, data, technical information, trading business brand names, goodwill, service marks utility models, semi-conductor topography rights, the style or presentation of the goods or services, creations, inventions or improvements upon or additions to an invention, confidential information, know-how and any research effort relating to Stages and Phases moral rights and any similar rights in any country (whether registered or unregistered and including applications for and the right to apply for them in any part of the world).
You acknowledge that the intellectual property rights in the material and content supplied as part of the Website shall remain with us or our licensors.
You may download or copy the content and other downloadable items displayed on the Website subject to the condition that the material may only be used for personal non-commercial purposes. Copying or storing the contents of the Website for other than personal use is expressly prohibited.
You may retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices.
You may not otherwise reproduce, modify copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Website.
You acknowledge that any other use of the material and content of this Website is strictly prohibited and you agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works from such material and content.
No licence is granted to you to use any of our trade marks or those of our affiliated companies.
It shall be your responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through the Website meet your specific requirements.
We will not be liable to you if the Website is unavailable at any time.
We attempt to ensure that the information available on the Website at any time is accurate. However, we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of material on this Website. We use all reasonable endeavours to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after becoming aware or being notified of them. We make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date.
All drawings, images, descriptive matter and specifications on the Website are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description for your general information only and should be used only as a guide.
Any prices and offers are only valid at the time they are published on the Website.
All prices and descriptions supersede all previous publications.
Every effort is made to keep information regarding stock availability on the Website up to date. However, we do not guarantee that this is the case, or that stock will always be available.
The Website is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise (unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions or required by law) in relation to the information, materials, content or services found or offered on the Website for any particular purpose or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, timeliness, performance, security, accuracy, condition or completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade custom.
We make no representation or warranty of any kind express or implied statutory or otherwise regarding the availability of the Website or that it will be timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website and we accept no liability of any kind for any loss or damage from action taken in reliance on material or information contained on the Website.
We cannot guarantee and cannot be responsible for the security or privacy of the Website and any information provided by you.
You must bear the risk associated with the use of the internet. In particular, we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, any viruses trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, ad-ware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful that may infect your computer, peripheral computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material as a result of your use of the Website or you downloading any material posted or sold on the Website or from any website linked to it.
We reserve the right to disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary should you breach this agreement.
Use Of The Website
You are permitted to use the Website and the material contained in it only as expressly authorised by us and in accordance with these terms and conditions, as may be amended from time to time without notice to you.
We provide access and use of the Website on the basis that we exclude all representations..
We reserve the right to:
Make changes to the information or materials on this Website at any time and without notice to you.
Temporarily or permanently change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website, including the availability of any features, information, database or content or restrict access to parts of or the entire Website without notice or liability to you or any third party.
Refuse to post material on the Website or to remove material already posted on the Website
You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
Disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable material
Transmitting material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense, results in civil liability or otherwise Breaching any applicable local, national or international laws, regulations or code of practice
Gaining unauthorised access to other computer systems
Interfering with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website
Breaching any laws concerning the use of public telecommunications networks
Interfering with, disrupting or damaging networks or websites connected to the Website
Utilisation of data mining, robots or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of the Website
To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation
To create and/or publish your own database that features all or substantial parts of the Website
Making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the prior permission of the owner
In addition, you must not:
Knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful to the Website
Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to it
Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack
Damage or disrupt any part of the Website, any equipment or network on which the Website is stored or any software used for the provision of the Website
A breach of this clause may be a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
Suspending Or Terminating Your Access
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to the Website immediately and without notice to you if:
You fail to make any payment to us when due
You breach the terms of these terms and conditions (repeatedly or otherwise)
You are impersonating any other person or entity
When requested by us to do so, you fail to provide us within a reasonable time with sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity
We suspect you have engaged, or about to engage, or have in anyway been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity on the Website
Linking To The Website
You must not create a link to the Website from another website, document or any other source without first obtaining our prior written consent.
We reserve the right to change the domain address of this Website and any services, products, product prices, product specifications and availability at any time.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions in these terms and conditions and the remainder of the provision in question will not be affected.
All Contracts are concluded and available in English only.
If we fail, at any time to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under these terms and conditions, it shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with your obligations.
A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing
Governing Law And Jurisdiction
The Website is controlled and operated in the United Kingdom.
These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Should you have any concerns or questions, please contact us; we will be delighted to hear from you.